Friday, October 15, 2010

Mid-term Reflection

Usually when I start a project or something I am thinking about how I want it to look when its finished. I also plan what I want to do or how I want to make the certain thing I am going to and I decide what materials I am going to want to use and what supplies I have to use.
We have done several projects up to this point. The painting that we spilled paint onto a piece of paper and came back and tried to make something out of the blobs or shapes that had formed. I made a monster with multi colored hair. Recently we finished a college project were we had to take pictures out of magazines and make our own picture. My college was baseball related. I took a picture of Adrian Beltre and made him stand out as the hitter and there being a crowd watching what happens. I also found a catcher so I thought that would make the picture look better. For the crowed I just found as many heads as I could from magazines and put them in the background for the crowed. In class and for outside of class use we have a sketchbook to draw in. Every Wensday it would be due at the end of x block. We had to draw on four pages, so two spreads. We could draw almost anything we wanted to. The only real big guide lines were that we got a sheet and every week in our sketchbook on one or two of the pages we had to do one of the things a different one each week. Two of the pages I have done so far I spilled ginger al soda on them to make a design or an image. Another page I drew all circles another one of the options. One page I cut it up to make a design from still another option we had to do. Every Tuesday we did this drawing activity called drop everything and draw from observation. Mostly we worked at the easels looking at like a mini table with stuff on it and we had to draw what was there. We used black and white charcoal. We first focused on the overall shapes and where they would go in your drawing. Then we did some shading. We made some parts of our drawings lighter or darker depending on what angle we had.

No comments:

Post a Comment