Thursday, May 30, 2013

End of term refelction


  1. What was your greatest achievement this term? Why?
    I think I did well experimenting with materials and taking risks. In my pattern project I didn't know what it was exactly going to look when I did a pattern on top of a repeated stencil. And my wax project the idea of layers I wasn't sure if it would work or not wanting it to be see through but I stuck with it even though I knew it might not turn out how I expected.

  1. What did you struggle with the most? Why?
    Maybe getting going on projects. Sometimes I might have an idea but it takes me a little while decide to start. It is good to plan things out but sometimes I think I might have been stuck on what I want something look like and could have maybe just started and gone with an idea and see where it had taken me.

  1. What would you do differently next time? Why?
    Plan less and do more making. Meaning I would still plan out my projects just maybe start sooner when I get an idea and just go with it and see where it takes me.

  1. What was something that saw, heard, thought, etc that  inspired you to do something unexpected? For me looking at picture online helped me come up with ideas for projects. At first when I was thinking about my pattern and repetition project I thought I might do something baseball. But when I look online and say a picture of a scull and cross bones I thought it might look cool if I did a piece with repeated skulls on it and not have every project be about what I like the red sox.

  1. Is there anything you will continue to do in upcoming art classes that you learned here?
    Well I learned that once you come up with an idea even if you don't think it will be your final idea to just go with it and see where it takes you. For me sometimes coming up with an idea can be one of the most challenging parts of a project so I think if I get an idea and just dive in that could be a good thing. I would obviously plan it out but I think getting going on a project is important for me.

  1. What will you leave with that makes you different then when you walked in? The ability to take risks. I think thats one thing I have learned over the year. Sometimes I can be worried about what the outcome is or looks like. I feel that I was able to do less of that this term.

  1. Is there something you’d like me to know about your experience in this class? It was good. This class seemed to me pretty different than most art classes I have taken at beaver before.

No comments:

Post a Comment